A recipe that can fill you up with goodness in less than minutes!
Sounds tempting right, here is the recipe with its measurements
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Soaking time: 30 hours
Whole wheat – 1 cup
Whole bajra – 1 cup
Whole jowar – 1 cup
Garlic – 4 cloves
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Dry red chillies – 4
Curry leaves – a few
Coriander leaves – 4/5 springs finely chopped
Salt – to taste
- In a bowl, measure up Wheat, Bajra, Jowar and wash thoroughly 2-3 times. Soak in water for 12 hours.
- Give the grains a wash again, changing the water and filling in fresh water once again for the next 12 hours.
- Repeating the process once again!
- so basically, your looking to soak and wash the grains at least 2-3 times in 24 -30hrs time!
- Drain out the water and transfer the grains into a pressure cooker. Cover the grains with fresh water and pressure cook for 8 whistles.
- In a pan, add in oil, mustard seeds allowing them to splutter. Then add in the chopped garlic cloves and stir until golden brown. Now add in the red chillies and the curry leaves. Now on a low flame add in the cooked grains (discarding the water).
- Give it a good stir and combine the whole thing together and finish it off with salt to taste and finely chopped coriander.
- Make sure everything is well combined and warm enough to serve.
Recipe curtesy: Jayalakshmi Savanur (aunty)
Photo & videography: Shreya Bellary
If you would like to watch: Healthy recipes | Quick & easy recipes | Diet recipes | Wholegrain recipes | recipe filled with goodness | lockdown recipes | recipe with very few ingredients |Guggallu | Lockdown Recipe | Healthy Diet recipe | Quick & Easy recipe | Recipe with very few ingredients
Watch my other videos:
Raagi Padu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn-8cr780Lg&t=41s
Raagi Dosa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl0YjDXInCM&t=2s
Papdi Chaat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Laq2iHIqM
Socialise with me on:
Hope you all well keeping safe and staying at home!
LIKE SHARE AND SUBSCRIBE!!