I love breakfast! Plain yogurt with nuts and berries is a great option, but sometimes you need something special. Instead of turning to refined carbs in the form of pancakes or waffles, I like to make eggy in a basket.
This eggy in a basket breakfast sandwich recipe features fried eggs and whatever other toppings your heart desires. If you're gluten-free or Paleo, you probably have a favorite bread option that you can use here. I also recommend cooking up some Paleo sausage patties using my Paleo turkey sausage recipe (see below).
1. Preheat skillet over medium heat.
2. Cut an approximately 2 inch circle in the middle of each slice of bread, using a cookie cutter or small glass.
3. Put avocado oil in heated skillet and place bread slices in the skillet.
4. Gently crack your egg into the hole.
5. Season eggs with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
6. When the eggs begin to set around the edge of the hole, flip.
7. Once cooked on that side. Set to the side and assemble sandwich. Add turkey sausage, avocado, sliced tomatoes, fresh spinach. You can be creative.
Optional: if you just want one egg in a basket for your sandwich, just toast the other slice of bread in the skillet.
For my turkey sausage recipe check out this video: https://youtu.be/P7GmBPC-Yig
Don’t forget to “like” the video and subscribe!
Read my blog for more tasty and healthy recipes: http://bodybydrea.com/blog